| Nathaniel Leadbitter
Why Add CBD to Food?
We understand natural flavoured CBD oil can be an acquired taste, but don't let that stop you adding it to your daily routine. Adding CBD to your food or drinks is a great way to gain the benefits of CBD but without that hempy after taste.
Cooking with CBD is generally straightforward, but it is worth noting that at temperatures above 160∞C, CBD will start to break down. This shouldn’t be a problem if you try to stick to lower cooking temperatures.
When CBD is ingested with a meal, it is absorbed as it passes through the digestive tract. The rate of absorption is slightly lower this way, compared to the absorption by sublingual gland (under the tongue). However, most people barely notice any difference and are happy with the results they get from this form of consumption.
Here are a few of our favourite LIV4 recipes!
CBD Protein Balls
• 1 cup of peanut or nut butter
• 1/4 cup of honey or syrup
• 1 1/2 cup of oats
• 2 tsp of vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
• 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
• 2 - 3 tablespoons of water or additional vanilla extract
• 20 drops of LIV4 CBD 1000mg oil (5mg per serving) or specific required amount
• pinch of salt
1 In mixing bowl stir together the peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract.
2 Stir in the oats, coconut and LIV4 CBD oil with a pinch of salt. If the mixture doesn’t hold together well when pinched, add the additional water or vanilla one teaspoon at a time until the mixture holds.
3 Take the mixture and form it roughly into 1 inch balls.
4 You should have roughly 20 protein balls, each containing 5 mg of CBD. Chill in the fridge for an hour, and enjoy!
CBD Overnight Oats
• 1/2 Cup of Oats or Muesli
• 1 tbsp of Peanut Butter (Optional)
• 1 tbsp of Chia Seeds
• 1/2 Cup of Milk or Nut Milk for Thick Consistency 2/3 Cup for Thinner
• 1/2 Cup of Berries
• 6 drops of LIV4 CBD 1000mg oil (30mg)
1. In a jar or bowl ( mason jars are the best ) add your oats or muesli, along with the chia seeds and nut butter. With a splash of milk and the LIV4 CBD 1000 mg oil, mix in the nut butter to the oats. Add the rest of the milk to combine.
2. Add your berries or fruit, if you are using fruits that don’t keep well (like sliced banana or apples) add them when serving.
3. Place the lid on the jar and refrigerate over night, or a couple of days if meal prepping. When enjoying your 30mg oats try drizzling some honey or syrup on or adding a handful of seeds and nuts.
• 1 or 2 shot(s) of Espresso
• 1 Cup of Milk or Plant Alternative
• 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
• 1 Tablespoon of Honey or Syrup
• Pinch of Sea Salt
• 1000mg LIV4 CBD
1. Combine all the ingredients apart from the CBD oil into a bowl.
2. Add to a pan and place on medium heat.
3. Gently simmer and whisk to break down any clumps you may have.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in your CBD oil (we recommend 4-6 drops)
5. Serve in your favourite mug and enjoy. Simple and delicious!
CBD Protein Fudge Brownies
• 1/4 Cup Chocolate Protein Powde
• 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
• 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
• Pinch of Salt
• 1/2 Cup + 1 tbsp Plain Flour
• 1/2 Cup + 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
• 1 Cup Caster Sugar
• 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
• 3 Large Eggs
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 20 Drops 1000mg LIV4 CBD
1. Preheat your oven to 150ºC and line an 8inch baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the protein powder, cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
3. Add the coconut oil and sugar into a bowl and whisk for one minute. Use an electric whisk if you have one.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract then mix for a further 20 seconds.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until the mixture is smooth creamy.
6. Add to the baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, allow time to cool, then enjoy!
We would love to see how you guys are using CBD in your food, tag us on Instagram @liv4cbd